When you are creating and composing the teacher resume, you should do it carefully because it will be show your qualification as a skilled worker. Unfortunately, not everyone understands the importance of a well-crafted resume, leading to them making overly simple and just-about-it resume. If only you can take a moment to realize that a resume is quite important, you won’t be making one carelessly.
The teacher resume is basically a written proof of your education, experience, and qualifications that make you fit for you job. The resume should be managed and arranged in such a way (the appealing one, of course) so the future employers should be able to see your qualification, capabilities, and skills by looking at the lists. That’s why the resume should be arranged in such an effective manner to attract employer’s interest and yet easy enough to read and understand. If you manage to compose such a resume, then you should be able to make your resume, at least, stand out among the others.
Teacher Resume Example
787 Clarks Street
Southdrive Park, TX 98672
To help develop writing, reading, and critical (as well as logical) thinking skills in high school students. An enthusiastic and skilled English teacher with long years of experience to help students appreciate and understand literature while refining their writing skills and research ability.
- Long of experience, more than a decade of teaching experience
- A hands-on and direct approach to students’ special needs
- Possess a good conflict resolutions
- Have a high level of patience and understanding
- Able to encourage and support team building efforts
- Possess a good and solid leadership skill that enables positive environment and supportive learning atmosphere not only in the classroom but in the school premise
- Able to manage and help students in their study issues, personal conflicts, and more
- Have a good student advocacy
Work and Professional Experience
High school teacher (July 2009 – present) at Derailed Claim High School, Orange Minion, Texas
- Teach freshmen modern American literature and composition consisting of seniors and juniors primarily
- A consultant and advisor for the school’s literature club from 20013 to present time
- Awarded as the English teacher’s local district of the year in 2014 and 2016
- Revived the school’s special event of student poetry anthology
- Serve as the school’s publication for Modern Literature
Middle school teacher (May 2006 – May 2009) at Michigan State Middle School at Erastoloume, Michigan
- Taught seventh to ninth grade English
- Helped with the annual school’s yearbook
- Updated reading materials, including contemporary novels and other materials on the school’s library reading lists
- Helped with modern literary program for the improved ready efficiency
- Served within the school’s committee as well as the district’s responsible for revising the English curriculum at schools
Student Teacher (January 2003 – March 2006) at Carlisle Special Street School at Micherstart Springs, Texas
- Taught sixth grade English students
- Designed lesson plans
- Created, implemented, and supervised literature study based on local and also international theme
- Helped with literary competition that led the school to achieve second place at the State Literature Program Contest
Education and Credentials
Briantoga College, Micherstart Springs, Texas
- Bachelor of English Science and Secondary Education, 2003
- Seminar on English Education for Early Age, 2003
- Short course on English Literature and Children’s Development, 2002
Married with two children
Date birth: October the 16th 1996
Interest: Literature, reading, craft, personal development, club and activities, culinary, extra curricular activities
Teacher Job Description
Nowadays, the role of a teacher isn’t only limited to teaching subjects but also to the students’ abilities and skills in relation to the subject. A professional teacher should be able to help his/her students in understanding better of their own skills and passions. A professional and skilled teacher should be able to direct his/her students to the right path, leading them to understand and realize their true passion and interest.
The importance of the teacher resume isn’t only for the employers but also for the teachers to follow the required skills and general requirements of a job vacancy or a position. Once the teacher understands the general description and requirement, he/she should be able to determine whether they are perfect for the job. After all, the resume can provide information about the candidate’s skills, qualifications, experience, and expertise.
The Role of Professional Teacher in Our Institution
We are in the lookout of professional, committed, and professional teacher to join our team. We are in the search of qualified educators for our positive workforce. The candidate will be responsible for implementing, preparing, and monitoring the full education scheme and plan according to the school’s requirements and the local district’s regulations. It is crucial to provide instruction, knowledge, assistance, and guidance to students while helping them with their personal skills and personality’s growth and development.
The perfect candidate should be passionate and determined for the job. They should be able to reach out and form positive relationships with students, especially with mutual trust as the base. The person should know how to make the learning process as easy as possible while encouraging meaningful process. The person should also know how to organize the class and plan the solid learning arrangement. The basic goal is to cultivate and maintain students’ passion and interest (in education) while being their friends (and also ally) in the overall process of development and learning.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Present the lessons or subjects in an understandable and comprehensive manner
- Able o use audio or visual means to help with the learning
- Provide individualized instruction by promoting interactive and direct learning
- Be able to provide assistance in study support and also personal encouragement
- Create and distribute educational content, including assignments, summaries, notes, and such thing alike)
- Help with the student’s character development and growth when needed
- Provide extra help related to school’s activities and organizations, such as the advisor for students’ club, consultant for the school’s paper, and such thing alike
- Assess the students’ progress and also record them. It also includes providing feedback and grades
- Create and maintain a positive environment in the classroom, including maintaining an orderly and tidy classroom
- Plan, develop, and execute in-class education, which may also includes outdoor events and activities
- Work together with parents, other teachers, and also stakeholders for the success of the study. It also includes in taking part in regular and scheduled meeting
- Develop professional skills and enrich knowledge by attending courses, conferences, seminars, and such thing alike
- Observe the students behavior and psyche. It also includes understanding of the condition happening to them, which may mean reporting suspicions of abuse, neglect, and such thing alike
- A good teacher should have a good communication skill. The teacher should be able to speak clearly and convey the message efficiently to other teachers, parents, students, and also other administration officials
- The person should have a good instruction skill. The person should be able to explain unfamiliar concepts and new ideas in the most concise and clear way so they can be understood by the related parties. The person should also be able to keep and maintain students’ attention
- A good teacher should have a good writing skill since the job requires them to write notes home, publish research, and progress reports. Don’t underestimate such a skill because it is crucial
- A good teacher should be patient. After all, students have different abilities and backgrounds. If students have problems following the materials or they may have the attitude problem, patience can help.
- A good teacher should be creative. Teachers should be able to find ways and methods to motivate, encourage, and support their students – not only in the lesson but also in the personal lives
- A good teacher should have a solid people skill that enables them to connect and relate to other people, including parents, other teachers, and different kinds of students.
Moreover, if a person wants to work as a professional teacher, the requirements should cover both personal and also professional traits. And they include:
- Have a proven and solid past experience as a teacher. If they have a written proof (certificate, award title, etc) it would be even better. A past teaching experience for at least 4 years will be an advantage
- Possess the ability, knowledge, and skills in legal educational guidelines and best practices related to school’s procedures and policies
- Have the creative and energetic trait
- Possess a positive manner that can influence and affect students and others
- Have strong discipline and moral values
- Possess strong commitment and well-organized manner
- Able to keep up with the latest technology trend in relation to the development of technology
- Bachelor degree in teaching or other related subjects.
Those are the basic facts and qualifications needed from a professional teacher. Besides the basic qualification, responsibilities, duties, and requirements of a professional teacher, there is also the general example of a simple (but handy) teacher resume that can be used by professional candidates to apply they want in the educational industry and sector.