Do you ever see about the collection letter example? Well, the collection letter is a common letter using for the business needs, especially about the payment. By using the collection letter, you will be able to know the missed payments, the contact information, the consequences and others.
Seeing a brief explanation about the collection letter as above, we may see that this letter includes in important letter. In this occasion, we will talk to you about some matters inside the collection letter and some tips when you want to write it.
Then, what are the details of this collection letter? Please take a sit and read some following writings below.
Kinds of Collection Letter
Knowing the ways to make collection letter is important in order to make a right letter. However, before talking about the ways to write it down, here we will talk to you about the kinds of it. Yes, knowing the kinds of collection letter is also important to help you making the right letter.
Kinds of the collection letter are:
- Collection letter clerical error
- Debt collection letter
- Response to debt collection letter
- Disputed collection letter
- Debt collection agency letter
- Payment collection letter
- Late payment collection letter
- And others
Seeing the points as above, we may see that there are some kinds of the collection letter to know. An important matter here to know is that the different kind of letter sometimes requires the different format of letter.
Things to Do in Making Collection Letter
There are some things that you need to do in order to make a great collection letter. The kinds of things that you need to do are:
- Keep it short and the collection letter should be written to the point. In writing this letter, you are not allowed to use the complicated language
- Type the letter. The handwrite collection letter is not allowed
- Write the letterhead of the company
- Include a copy of the invoice or the summarized statement when there are multiple outstanding invoices
- Include the specific date of the account
- Include acceptable payment to know, such as the credit card, debit card or check
- Write down the contact information in detail, such as phone number, email address and mailing address
- Do not forget to write down about the postage paid
Do’s and Don’ts of Writing the Collection Letter
In order to make a perfect collection letter, of course knowing what to do and don’t in writing this letter is important. You may do something allowed and then don’t do something avoid.
The ‘do’ things to apply in making this letter are:
- Do send an email before you send the first collection letter
- Do attempt in order to call the customer. It should be done before sending the first collection letter
- Do assume that the customer will fulfill and pay the payment
- Do keep the collection letter professional. Use the formal language when you are writing the collection letter
The ‘don’t’ things to avoid in making this letter are:
- Don’t communicate using the social media links
- Don’t send the text messages to the contact of customers
- Don’t harass and similar things to the customers
- Don’t use the harsh and similar words in writing collection letter
Well, that is all about the collection letter. Do some researches to find the good and right collection letter example.
- Invitation Letter for US Visa and Things to Know About It
- 6 Sample Job Interview Thank You Letter Template
- Letter of Intent for University and How to Make It Best
- Eviction Notice Letter and How to Write It Well
- Sales Associate Cover Letter
- Donation Thank You Letter and Tips to Write Best Letter
- Formal Proposal Letter and What to Write Inside It
- Character Reference Letter for Court and What to Write in Making It
- Thank You for Your Support Letter and How to Write It Best
- Notice Vacate to Letter and What to Write Inside It
- 3 Graphic Design Cover Letter Sample
- Lease Proposal Letter and How to Make It
- Real Estate Offer Letter and How to Write It Best
- Contract Agreement Letter and What to Write Inside It
- Sample College Letter of Intent and What to Do in Writing It
- Fund Raising Letters and What to Do in Writing It
- Event Sponsorship Letter and What to Write Inside It
- Thank You Letter for Job Offer Sample