Writing an appealing CNA resume can be done easily if you know what to expect and include in your professional written documentation. Composing a resume needs a certain skill, especially if you are thinking about impressing the hiring manager and show your qualifications without exaggerating it. Be advised that you should be able to write and include the crucial elements – and it does take a special skill and time to be able to hone everything.
The CNA resume will be your key in getting a job – whether it is your first job or the next one. You need the resume to show your qualifications, skills, expertise, and qualifications to the hiring manager. Even if this is your first job, you can show and highlight your educational achievement or strength, showing the hiring manager that you can handle the job and be ready to take responsibilities. You basically want to show your professional manner and forte – with the hope that you will be considered worthy for the next step, including the chance of getting interview. So, what are they and how can you manage everything?
CNA Resume Example
896 Pacific Road, Los Angeles, California 87602
(850) 123 – 0987
A professional Certified Nursing Assistant with more than 10 years of experience and expertise in a fast-paced and busy environment handling various kinds of work, such management, record maintenance, patient care, administering medication, and managing confidential paperwork. Reliable and able to create supportive and positive environment for patients, families, and colleagues. Experienced in caring for patients, including those who are chronically ill and require special care and help. Highly supportive, compassionate, and patient.
Skills and Strengths
- Patient monitoring
- Medical terminology
- Medication administration
- Patient care
- Calm, cool, and level headed
- Quick and responsive problem solver
- Medical records
Professional Working Experience
Healthcare Staffing Manager
Crescent Waterfall, California. 2010 – present
- Maintain and oversee an orderly, well-stocked, and clean environment and surrounding
- Provide patients as well as their families with the emotional and psychological support
- Work in different and diverse settings including private residence, hospitals, and nursing homes
- Perform routine and regular tests, such as hearing or vision test and urine dip stick
- Facilitate exciting activities and games to engage patients and clients
- Support technical and also diagnostic treatment procedures, like operating special and specific medical apparatus and equipment and also the set up
- Follow the institutional policies, safety standard and guidelines, and also company’s rules most of the time
- Compete and then submit clinical and medical documentation in accordance to clinic policies and guidelines
- Help patients with daily living activities like grooming, meals, and bathing
- Assess and check vital signs as well as collecting lab samples and providing post and pre operative care
Benevolence Health Professional
Kentwood Riverside, California. 2007 – 2010.
- Provided the necessary and needed support, help, and supplies to patients and medical staff for the unit specific treatments and procedures
- Massaged patients as well as applying treatment and preparation like heat lamp or alcohol rubs stimulation
- Tended and cared for patients with serious and chronic ailments
- Observed, documented, and managed the written records of the patient condition as well as reporting any complaint from the patient to the higher manager
- Read, checked, and recorded respiration, pulse, and temperature
- Charted residents daily information, such as mobility activities, daily input as well as output, mood changes, and eating percentages
Junior Nursing Healthcare
Istimate Hill, California. 2004 – 2007
- Worked under the supervision of Senior Nurse within the clinic and the premise
- Followed the instruction of the Senior Nurse to handle nursing job as well as the administrative tasks
- Shadowed Senior Nurse and doctors to manage and maintain patients care
Training and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing. 2009. Amia Education and Medical Institution
- Certified Nursing Assistant Training. 2004. Brilina Education Center, Briarwood Hill
CNA Vacant Position
Our growing clinic is always expanding and it is a good thing that we are able to expand the business and open the third clinic in the Hampton area. We are currently looking for professional healthcare professionals and experts to join the team. Some of the positions have been filled and we are now looking for some CNA healthcare that will be responsible for different sectors and task loads, depending on the later division and requirements.
In general, the job requires the individuals to work in a team as well as working individually. The people will also be responsible in attending patients as well as dealing with administrative work. Managing patients schedules and meeting appointments as well as administering medical attention and care will be a part of the job. It takes a professional manner with patient-oriented and focus to strive and be successful in the work. Since the job often includes working in a busy and stressful environment, it isn’t for everyone. If you have the passion for the job and you are patient in handling patients, we seriously want to talk to you!
CNA Job Description
You should note that the job of a CNA is super crucial and important, especially in the healthcare sector. If you are the right person, it is possible that the job can be a rewarding one that promises a further development and enhancement within the healthcare industry. CNA is short for Certified Nursing Assistant and the main responsibility is to help patients or clients with the healthcare procedures and needs with the RN (Registered Nurse) supervision. It is also possible that the CNA will be working under LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) supervision. The main responsibility of the job scope is to help patients (as well as supporting them) in daily living needs and personal hygiene. The job scope also covers vital sign monitoring, transportation, and providing comfort.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide adjunct care by helping and administering nonsterile dressings, enemas, surgical preparations, douches, sitz and therapeutic baths, heat treatments,, applying restraints, and ice packs
- Provide personal hygiene for patients by giving baths, shaves, shampoos, bedpans, backrubs, and urinals. It includes helping to the bathroom, helping with baths, and also showers
- Maintain stability of the patient by checking weight and vital signs, as well as recording output and intake info, testing urine, and others
- Provide for daily living activities by helping with feeding patients, serving meals, turning, ambulating, and positioning. It includes providing between meals nourishment and fresh water
- Provide patient comfort and convenience by utilizing materials and resources, including answering call lights or requests, transporting patients, reporting patient observation to the nursing supervisor
- Maintain and manage working operations by following and obeying procedures and policies
- Provide documentation by completing logs, reports, records, and forms
- Serve and protect the community by following the policies, professional standards, and procedures, including adhering state and federal requirements and safety standards
- Protect the value of the institution by keeping and managing confidentiality of the information
- Improve and enhance nursing department as well as the clinic reputation by accomplishing different and new requests, including exploring different opportunities to boost value to the accomplishment and success of the job
- Update skills and knowledge by taking part in reading professional publications, maintaining licensure, taking part in professional organization, and educational chances
Qualifications and Skills
- Have a good medical ability and teamwork winning element
- Be able to multi-task and perform various tasks
- Have a good managerial ability and teamwork attitude
- Possess a positive attitude that can inspire, support, and encourage others
- Possess a good ability to solve sudden problems and arising issue efficiently in the calmest manner possible
- Able to work under a stressful environment and busy setting
Tips in Managing the Resume
If you want to write the spot-on CNA resume, there are some crucial things that you should do, such as:
- Be sure to have a vast networking coverage. This is possible and doable only when you can make positive connections and relationships. You know that everyone is always talking about the importance of networking in professional setting. It is possible to make connections to those you are interested in or you like being involved with. Sometimes, they may appear out of nowhere, offering you job opportunity where you can send your resume
- Get organized. When you are writing the resume, be sure to be organized. It is best if you can divide everything in sections or categories so your resume will be easy to read (and understand). You can divide your professional working skill in a different section from your educational background
- Don’t be afraid. You probably read the vacancy concerning a new job that isn’t similar to your current job. However, when you check the requirements, some of them are familiar to your current responsibilities. Don’t be afraid to try new things and hop on a new wagon of opportunity.
- Focus on communication. Although this position requires someone who is highly skilled (and possibly experienced), communication and empathy are important. Since you will be dealing with different kinds of patients – often not in their best condition – it is crucial to have compassion and empathy.
If you can include all of the information in your CNA resume, your chance of being considered for the job may be higher.