What Is A Birth Plan?
Delivering a baby is absolutely the best thing for every woman. It is a life experience that everyone wishes for. So, it is no wonder if throughout the 9 months you are thinking about diapers, blankets, clothes, and others as well as the name for the little angel. However, before it happens, of course, you should make a plan for your birth which is known as the birth plan.
Why Do We Need A Birth Plan?
Women often don’t realize why they need a birth plan. This document is very helpful to communicate the wishes during the labor as well as days after that. We should know that each birth is special and unique so by creating this plan, you let the medical advisor and nurses know your choices and preferences. You can write it down using the birth plan template, or simply get a form from the hospital about this. This will also function as the reminder to your medical team during the labor time.
However, even though you already write down the birth plan, doctors might do things out of your preference for certain reasons that might put you and your baby in danger.
Do I need To Write Down My Birth Plan By My Own?
Don’t worry, because each hospital usually already provide the birth plan template on the booklet. You will notice a certain location that accommodate your wishes when the delivery time comes.
However, if you are at a high risk, the hospital will advise you to do something safer which against your birth plan. So, it is always a better choice to discuss your plan with the hospital.
What Do I Research for My Birth Plan?
In this case, there is some information you have to follow related to the plan, including:
Join the antenatal classes – Mostly the midwife will suggest you to join the local classes to help you get to know about some aspects you should know before, during and after delivery.
- Ask reviews – You can ask some reviews and recommendation about it to your friends and other Moms who had have their babies so you can learn the difficulties you might have.
- Discuss with your partner – You have to discuss it with your partner who will accompany you during the labor time.
What Can I Include In My Birth Plan Template?
- Your Labor Partner – You may add your birth partner whether you want this person to stay with you during the labor time or not. Even you can discuss it with this person about some decision in private.
- your Position During the Labor – You can write down the position you want during the labor time whether it is upright, kneeling or others.
- Pain relief – You can choose the pain relied on which suits with your health. Maybe you prefer the epidural or pethidine.
Other things you may include are the speeding up labor, birth pool, some equipment like birth balls, wall bars and you can assist in birth and other things that make you feel convenience.
- Time off Request Form Sample
- Retirement Letter and how to make it amazed the reader
- Sample Trust Amendment Form
- Partnership Proposal Letters for Doc, PDF, and Word
- Prayer Request Form Sample
- 65+ Free Download Daily Planner Template – How Declutter Your Schedule
- Sample Medical Consent Form
- Template Free Time off Request Form
- 43+ Download Free Classroom Management Plan Templates
- 65+ Free Download Best Contract Templates for A Professional Agreement
- 34+ Get The Most Beautiful Thank You Card Templates For Free Here!
- Sample Medical Records Release Form
- Operator Lease Agreement Template
- Sample Intent to Vacate Letter Template
- Printable Prenuptial Agreement Template
- Sample Preschool Lesson Plan Template
- 7 Sample Leave of Absence Letter with the Proper Format PDF Word
- Time Off Request Form Sample