Do you like managing people and making sure that the business establishment is running smoothly and well? This position may appeal you. Our growing bistro is looking for a dedicated and experienced Restaurant Manager to join our business. Here is our job description for Restaurant Manager.
The manager will be responsible for managing and taking care of the staff as well as making sure that the operation of our bistro is running smoothly. The ideal candidate will have to implement the restaurant’s procedures and policies. He/ she will take part in reaching the revenue objectives and purposes. The manager will have to make sure that the staff will follow and obey all regulations and laws (federal, state, and local). The person will have to make sure that the customers’ needs are fulfilled and met in the most efficient and satisfying way. Basically, the manager will have to please the customers by making sure that they have a pleasant and nice dining experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the financial objectives of the restaurants by meeting and forecasting the operational requirements. It includes preparing and making the annual budget, analyzing differences and variations, scheduling the expenses, and initiating solutions and also corrective actions
- Reach the human resources objectives by hiring, selecting, recruiting, training, coaching, assigning, mentoring, disciplining, and overseeing employees. It includes planning, appraising, monitoring, and reviewing job contributions, communicating expectation, enforcing procedures and policies, and reviewing compensation
- Reach the operational objectives and purposes by contributing recommendations and also information for the strategic reviews and plans. It includes preparing, planning, and completing action schedules and plans.
- Implement productivity, production, customer service, and quality standards. It includes completing audits, resolving problems, determining system improvements, identifying trends, and implementing changes
- Control budgets and costs by reviewing quantities preparation and portion control. It includes making sure of premium preparation quality and minimizing waste
- Create, plan, and execute menus by consulting with the chefs. It includes menu adjustment and estimating food profits and also costs.
- Avoid legal problems and challenges by following the regulations issued by the alcoholic beverage association or commission
- Maintain and make sure of the secured, safe, and healthy setting by following, establishing, and implementing sanitation procedures and standards. It includes following legal regulations, implementing and developing disaster plans, securing revenues, maintaining walkways and parking lot, and maintaining sprinkler and security systems
- Maximize bar profits by monitoring charges accuracy and portion control
- Publicize the restaurants by placing and designing ads. It includes encouraging special and social events for local businesses, inviting food editors, and such thing alike.
Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications
- Able to work flexible schedules and hours, including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Have a past experience in restaurant or hospitality industry for at least 2 years. Any past experience in managerial position will be an advantage
- Possess a multitasking ability and able to work under pressure
- Possess a good communication skill, both in verbal and written form
- Have a positive attitude that can inspire and support others
Those who are interested in the application are encouraged to send their application, CV, and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than October 3rd.