Gantt Chart and Things to Understand Inside It
For project management, knowing about the Gantt chart is important. In simpler, a Gantt chart is a document that is used to display the detailed activities, tasks, or events against time. It becomes one of the popular documents that will be very useful to make a clear description.
This chart has some different parts. The left chart tells about the activities and the time scale. Besides, there will be some detailed information, such as the start date, duration, end date of the activities, and others.
Here, we will talk to you about the detailed Gantt chart and what to understand inside it. For those who are curious about it, please take a seat and read the following writings below.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Gantt Chart
These are some advantages and disadvantages of the Gantt chart to be known. The knowledge about it will be very useful to get the most benefits of this document, especially in presenting the projects.
Some advantages of this chart are:
- The Gantt chart represents the detailed activities and project schedules
- Clear visibility of the time frames of the projects
- It helps the team management in handling the projects
- Easy to check the status of the projects
- Analyze the members that join to the projects with its different responsibilities
- And others
However, although these are many advantages to the Gantt chart, this chart has some disadvantages that also should be known. The disadvantages of the Gantt chart are:
- Needs more efforts in creating the chart
- All tasks need more spaces and it cannot be viewed in a single Gantt chart
- Updating the chart sometimes will need more time
Tips to Make A Good Gantt Chart
Since a Gantt chart is a useful way to present the project, knowing the tips to make it is also important, especially to maximize the result of this document. Well, these are some tips that you need to know about making a good Gantt chart, which can be the followed step to make it.
First, you need to identify the project goals and the specifies. It is a very important part of making the Gantt chart. Through the clear goals, of course, you can maximize the result in making the Gantt chart.
On another hand, define the timeline for the project. The main purpose of the Gantt chart is to ease you dividing the times for the various projects. By making the timeline, of course, managing the project will be maximal and the goals also can be reached.
Mistakes to Avoid in Making Gantt Chart
These are also some mistakes to avoid when you want to make a good Gantt chart. Failing to have the kickoff for the project becomes a common mistake for those who use this chart. Remember, Gantt chart tells about the timeline, so the kickoff time is very essential here,
On another hand, many people are ignoring task dependencies. Something that you need to know, when the task dependencies are ignored, there will be chaos and the timeline inside the Gantt chart cannot be run maximally.
Gantt Chart PSD Files
We have some samples of the Gantt chart on this page. All samples are free to download. Through the samples, of course, you will have more references to make a good Gantt chart more easily.
Sample Gantt Chart Template
- 41+ Gantt Chart Template To Help You Break Down Your Project
- 10+ Club Flyer Template Printable
- 10+ Printable Tutoring Flyer template free psd
- 10+ Art Lesson Plan template Sample
- 10+ Event Invitation Template Printable
- 10+ Comparison Chart Template Sample
- 10+ Training Certificate template free
- Best Project Plan Template
- 10+ Printable Class Schedule template
- 10+ Printable Daily Calendar Template example psd design
- 10+ Printable Wedding Seating Chart template free
- 10+ Weekly Report Template
- 10+ Printable School Newsletter free psd template
- 10+ Editable Media Kit Template example psd design
- 10+ Printable Wedding Timeline template
- 10+ Poster Design Template Printable
- Book Marketing Plan Template
- 5+ Printable Organizational Chart Template example psd design