Our company is opening a new restaurant in New York, so we need a new Assistant Restaurant Manager to help the Restaurant Manager to run the establishment efficiently and smoothly. Basically, the assistant restaurant manager helps the manager, especially when he isn’t on duty. Both of them need to direct the staffs and interact with customers, which isn’t an easy feat.
As the assistant to the restaurant manager, the individual will be responsible for the daily activities of the establishments, making sure that the staffs are trained properly, the quality control is properly maintained and kept, the customers are happy and satisfied, and the running of the restaurant adheres to the regulations and company policy. The individual will have to order needed equipments and kitchen utensils, manage contracts, supervise the restaurant (and also staff performance), and manage payroll. In most cases, the individual will have to take part in resetting tables, answering questions, cleaning counters and tables, and such thing alike, especially when the whole staff is occupied.
A professional assistant to restaurant manager should have a good understanding and grasp of customer service and be familiar with operation running and operation. The ability to work with flexible hours and days, including holidays and weekends, is an advantage. The idea is to boost employees’ performance, deliver a positive and satisfying customer service, and minimize the overall operating cost.
The Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage vendors’ invoices and contracts
- Calculate the future needs of equipment and kitchenware, and then place orders when needed
- Negotiate prices, including doing research for new wholesale food suppliers
- Plan, manage, and prepare shift schedules
- Manage and process payroll for the restaurant staffs
- Coordinate workflow and communication between the front and back staffs in the restaurant
- Collect guests’ feedback and recommend improvements both on the service and the menus
- Monitor and make sure that the overall operation complies with the hygiene and safety regulations
- Arrange for the new employees management, which includes ordering uniforms and making training schedules
- Keep and manage detailed records of revenues and costs based on the weekly, daily, and also monthly category.
- Have good math skill as well as reporting abilities
- Have good knowledge and also familiarity with restaurant management software like PeachWorks and OpenTable
- Have past experience in hospitality sector or as an assistant for restaurant manager or such related field
- Have good customer service ability and skills
- Be willing to work with flexible hours, such as holidays, evenings, weekends, etc
- Have a high school diploma. Any extra certification in the hospitality is an advantage
Salary and benefits will be discussed later upon interview
Candidates who believe that they have the skills and the abilities for the position are encouraged to apply. Send the resume, CV, and a recent photo within the CV to: email@example.com before August 18th 2016. Applicants don’t need to include an application letter but the CV and resume are a must. Any application without those attachments won’t be processed further and will be immediately sent to the spam folder.
- Restaurant Manager Job Description
- Store Manager Job Description
- Clinic Manager Job Description
- Resource Manager Job Description
- Medical Practice Manager Job Description
- Office Manager Job Description
- Assistant Manager Job Description
- Assistant Operations Manager Job Description
- Clinical Manager Job Description
- Housekeeper Manager Job Description
- Retail Manager Job Description
- Medical Office Manager Job Description
- Hotel Assistant Manager Job Description
- Assistant Manager Job Description
- Restaurant General Manager Job Description
- Retail Operations Manager Job Description
- HR Project Manager Job Description
- Customer Service Manager Job Description