Our hotel is seeking for a professional and disciplined Front Office Manager that will be responsible for our reception management and area. Since the manager will be the face of the corporate, he/she should have a pleasant personality and positive attitude. A heartwarming welcome is crucial – it will make the guests feel welcomed. The manager will have to coordinate the front desk activities, such as reservations, calls, and also guests service.
Being a professional manager means that the individuality should combine professional conduct and ethical operations without compromising the friendly and quality service. Professional and dynamic attitudes to lead, manage, and supervise the team is crucial so it is important that the candidate should exude positive and welcoming attitude. Moreover, the person should have a solid customer service ability and be able to deal with complaints. In the end, the manager has to make sure that the front desk area is able to deliver friendly and professional service to the guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Make a regular check to the front desk area to make sure that it is clean, neat, and tidy – and it has all the important materials and stationeries such as forms, informative leaflets, and also pens
- Create and schedule shifts for the staffs to make sure that everything is covered – and the front desk area has never been empty
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise, oversee, and support the office staffs (receptionists, call center agents, and security guards are included)
- Make sure that the staffs are able to deliver the accurate and proper customer service within the timely manner
- Make sure that the front office operations are managed according to the standard safety and corporate policies
- Handle and solve complaints as well as specific customer requests
- Monitor and check office supplies and stocks. It includes ordering supplies and overseeing the availability
- Able to manage and deal with emergencies – coming up with the solutions is also liked
- Keep, maintain, and manage office costs and expenses updated records
- Prepare, manage, monitor, and oversee office budgets
- Make sure that the mail distribution is happening properly
Qualifications and Requirements
- Have an in-depth knowledge and experience of office management, bookkeeping procedures, and customer service.
- Have a past experience in hospitality. A previous job as a Reception Manager or Font Desk supervisor is acceptable
- Familiar or experienced with office equipments or machines, such as printers or fax machines
- Have a good communication skill in both verbal and written form. Fluency in foreign languages is a plus
- High school diploma is acceptable. A bachelor degree in Hotel, Hospitality, or Business is an advantage
- Familiar with some basic operation programs, such as Words or Excel. A familiarity with other software or programs is an advantage
- Have a good managerial ability and organizational skill, allowing the person to handle and manage a team of people
Those who believe in their qualifications and abilities are encouraged to send their cover letter and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The due date is on May 5th at the latest. Be advised to write ‘Front Desk Manager’ on the subject.