Letter of Reference Format and What to Write Inside It
A letter of reference –or it is also said as the recommendation, is often listed as the important requirement for kinds of application. This letter could be used as the opening in employment or academe as a supporting document. By this matter, knowing about letter of reference format is needed.
This letter will tell about the skills, competencies and characters of the applicant. By this letter, of course the employer or the academic manager could know well about the characteristic of the applicant, so they will not do wrong matter in choosing him or her.
In this occasion, we will talk about the detail of letter of reference including its format and other matters. For those who are curious with it, please take a sit and read some writings below.
Kinds of Letter of Reference
Seeing the explanation as above, we may see that the letter of reference is important, especially for those who want to continue their career by looking for new job or getting new school. By its importance, making a good letter of reference could be the first thing to do.
However, before knowing the ways to make this letter of reference, there are some kinds of this letter to know. By knowing the kinds of it, of course you are able to make a letter of reference based on what you want.
The kinds of the letter of reference are:
- Reference letter format for job
- Personal reference letter format
- Character reference letter format
- Business reference letter format
- Reference letter format for scholarship
- And others
By some points as above, you may see that there are some kinds of the letter of reference to write. Something to underline here is the specific letter will need the different format.
Use of Letter of Reference
To increase the knowledge about this letter, there some uses of this letter that you need to know. At least, this letter is used for two big different usages: the academic pursuit and working needed. For the academic pursuit, this letter could be used for:
- College admissions
- Graduate school
- Awards and recognition
Then, for the working field, this letter is used for:
- Job applications
- Work promotions
- Awards and recognition
Writing a Letter of Reference
To make a good letter of reference, of course you need to know the way to write this letter. Yes, there are some format that you need to include in this letter. The detail formats of it are:
The most important matter inside this letter is the content. In writing about the content, tells about the competencies and characteristics. Try to make a good expression here in order to get the attention from the readers.
Inside this letter, you need to indicate yourself as an author. By this matter, you need to introduce yourself, what you do and how you know the applicant.
Another important format inside this letter is submission. In this part, you need to be conscious about the construction from the manager or the applicant committee.
Well, that is all about the letter of reference format that you need to do. To help you in writing it, you may do some researches in order to find its sample.
- Sample Reference Letter for Friend
- Sample Sample Closing a Business Letter
- Thank You Letter for Job Offer Sample
- Character Reference Letter for Court and What to Write in Making It
- Formal Proposal Letter and What to Write Inside It
- Business Letter Template Sample
- Appreciation Letters and How to Make It Best
- Sample Letter of Support and Ways to Make Better One
- Sample Recommendation Letters
- Scholarship Application Letter and What to Write Inside It
- Invitation Letter for US Visa and Things to Know About It
- Community Service Letter and How to Make It Perfectly
- 6 Sample Job Interview Thank You Letter Template
- 3 Graphic Design Cover Letter Sample
- Employment Offer Letter and Ways to Make It
- Project Proposal Letter and How to Write It Best
- Eviction Notice Letter and How to Write It Well
- Contract Agreement Letter and What to Write Inside It